TO: Chito Fabellon, KSI President
Geoffrey Senorin & Nilo Fojas, Directors
Ma. Lisa F. Federico, Treasurer
Ailen F. de Mesa, Secretary
Committee on Social Affairs and Projects
FROM: The Chairman
SUBJECT: RDL-CLEAR Guidelines for Relief Distribution to Victims of Typhoon Frank
DATE: September 3, 2008
Following the resolution of the Board regarding the conduct by the Kusog Sibalenhon, Inc. of a relief operation in Brgy. Masadya on September 27, 2008 on behalf of the RDL-CLEAR, please be informed of the guidelines hereunder which the relief team shall adhere to:
1. The primary source of relief recipients is the DSWD/Municipal Office List.
2. The distribution site should be a neutral venue—school, Church, NGO office, etc.
3. KSI as coordinator should provide RDL-CLEAR with the list of recipients and pictures of the distribution activity.
3. KSI as coordinator should purchase, if possible, rice in the local community or the NFA to maximize the volume of rice purchase.
4. KSI as coordinator should exercise its best judgment on recipients who might have been left out from other relief initiative done in the municipality.
5. Politicians should in no way get involved in the distribution except to coordinate information about the recipients.
6. Prior coordination/information should be done by KSI about the relief effort, accurately communicating the message that the KSI is merely the conduit—not the source—of the relief; that KSI has been only asked by RDL-CLEAR to help distribute the relief.
As we have discussed, you are to constitute the KSI relief team whose members shall be provided with transportation allowance to and from Sibale. Kindly submit the list of the team to the Treasurer for accounting purposes.
For strict compliance.